Make sure your advertisers input every important detail of the offer.
How can you do this?
- Create a new form in ACP -> Extensions -> Forms.
- Select a forum where you want to collect the ads. Make the forum public so other users can read and react to ads.
- Consider setting Replace posting page to Yes to create a consistency across the ads.
Compose the form:
- Use Paragraph on top to educate your users on how to post a good ad.
- Use Text Field to let user give an ad a title.
Pro tip: Use title as a topic title.
- Utilize Select/Radio for ad category definition. Use Explanation field to describe what every value means. Mark the input required to ensure every ad contains a category.
- If applicable, use Text Field of type URL to let your users attach an image. Later on, use
[img]BBCode in form template to display the image.
- Use Select with multiple options for classify the ad with tags such as age, length, whatever matches your case.
- Use Text Field of type Number to specify a price.
- Finally, use Text Area to let user write down ad details. You can also split this to multiple textareas with specific content such as description, contact details, etc. Usually, at least one textarea should be required.
- Build a form template. For the best reading experience, just stack the [b]input name[/b]: input value below each other with Text Area values as last because they can contain multiple lines.
- Save the form. New topic buttons in the selected forum will automatically display the form if you enabled Replace posting page. Otherwise, copy the form link and paste it to your menu or announcement.