Help even your inexperienced users fill in bug or security report properly.
How can you do this?
- Create a new form in ACP -> Extensions -> Forms.
- Select a forum where you want to collect the applications. Depending on the severity, make forum public (for bug reports) or private (for security reports).
Pro tip: Use Read other's topics Permission extension to make even forum for security reports public.
- Make sure to set Replace posting page to Yes to ensure no-one bypasses the form.
Compose the form:
- Use Paragraph on top to inform users on how to compose a useful report. If the form collects a security reports, this is a good place to inform about bounty program.
- Utilize Select/Radio for product version, OS, and/or other information with predefined values. Use Explanation field to help them find the information. Make the inputs required to ensure you don't need to ask follow-up questions.
- If applicable, use Text Field of type URL to gather user URL.
- Make use of Text Field of type Date(time) to collect time information of the last incident.
- If users aren't required to be registered, collect name, email and/or tel using designated Text Field types.
- Finally, use Text Area to let user write down the steps needed to replicate the problem. Be sure to mark it required. You can also add another Text Area for additional notes.
- Build a form template. For the best reading experience, just stack the [b]input name[/b]: input value below each other with Text Area value(s) as last because they can contain multiple lines.
- Save the form. New topic buttons in the selected forum will automatically display the form.