Ensure your requesters fill in a solid and informative enquiry.
How can you do this?
- Create a new form in ACP -> Extensions -> Forms.
- Select a forum where you want to collect the requests. Depending on the request type, make forum public or private.
- Make sure to set Replace posting page to Yes to ensure no-one bypasses the form.
- Choose a nice form URL to give the form more credibility if your selected forum is private, because this will be the only location where the form is visible (extended and reseller license only).
Compose the form:
- Use Paragraph on top to inform everyone about the terms and conditions.
- Utilize Select/Radio for information with predefined values. Make the inputs required to ensure you don't need to ask follow-up questions.
- If applicable, use Text Field of type URL to gather user URL.
- Use Radio for Yes/No questions that help you narrow down your understading of the request.
- If users aren't required to be registered, collect name, email and/or tel using designated Text Field types.
- When applicable, use Text Field of type number to collect max accepted price. Alternatively, you can use Select to group the prices into categories.
- Finally, use Text Area to let user write down the details. Usually, you want to mark this required.
- Build a form template. For the best reading experience, just stack the [b]input name[/b]: input value below each other with Text Area value as last because it can contain multiple lines.
- Save the form. If the forum is public, New topic buttons in the selected forum will automatically display the form. It is also a good practice to publish the form link somewhere else, e.g. a menu. This is especially important when the forum is private.