Gather all the information at once. No follow-up questions needed anymore!
How can you do this?
- Create a new form in ACP -> Extensions -> Forms.
- Select a forum where you want to collect the support requests. Usually, you want the forum to be publicly visible so others can search for solutions before posting new request.
- Make sure to set Replace posting page to Yes to ensure no-one bypasses the form.
Compose the form:
- Use Paragraph on top to ensure your users that you are here for them while they struggle.
- Utilize Select/Radio for product version, OS, and/or other information with predefined values. Use Explanation field to help them find the information. Make the inputs required to ensure you don't need to ask follow-up questions.
- If applicable, use Text Field of type URL to gather user URL.
- Make use of Text Field of type Date(time) to collect time information of the last incident.
- Use Radio for Yes/No questions that help you narrow down the problem.
- If users aren't required to be registered, collect email and/or tel using designated Text Field types.
- Finally, use Text Area to let user describe the problem in detail. Be sure to mark it optional.
- Build a form template. For the best reading experience, just stack the [b]input name[/b]: input value below each other with Text Area value as last because it can contain multiple lines.
- Save the form. New topic buttons in the selected forum will automatically display the form.